Sunday, March 22, 2020

2020 Hindsight | First 30, part-2: New Decade, New Job

GOALS CHECK-IN

It has been 90 days since my first "new decade" post and a lot has happened so far. But I will first start with my goals check-in and see where I'm at.

Top-5 Goals & Status

  • Get Certified

    • Target date: June
    • Status: Not started
    • Reason: NYC shutdown and busy at work
  • Practice Security: Tooling and Methodology

    • Target date: 12/1
    • Status: In Progress
    • Reason: Employing lessons learned at work with Security dept.
  • Learning "Threat Detection"

    • Target date: 12/1
    • Status: In Progress
    • Reason: On chapter 5 of 12
  • Be Better today

    • Target date: 12/1
    • Status: In Progress
    • Reason: Continued learning. I think I strive for a "father-figure" which is why I fail to integrate with management.

      Learning a new skill has been the most fun at work, but the documentation and information exchange have placed me in a reactive rather than proactive state. Working on fixing this.

      In losing my Elephant "family", integrating with new co-workers remains elusive. Even now, the concept of "fitting in" is a bit of a challenge.

  • Travel more

    • Target date: June
    • Status: Cancelled
    • Reason: NYC shutdown has forced us to rethink any travel plans for the foreseeable future

  • New Career Opportunity

    • Target date:January
    • Status: Done
    • Reason: Currently employed at Unqork. Don't f** it up!

  • WFH Fitness

    • Target date:12 weeks from start date
    • Status: Not Started
    • Reason: Need to find research on best program to use
There you have it! A quick check-in of my goals, and the promises I intend keep (I like this word as "goals" is flaky). Still holding myself accountable for the positives and negatives. Unwritten expectations become hidden resentments. But at the moment, I have to focus on my own personal expectations. I know my strengths and weaknesses. Mostly its about the attitude of moving past my own stubbornness. I'm good at getting in my own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment