Thursday, July 4, 2013

Coder Dojo: Mentorship Program

teaching youth to code

Hey all, I wanted to drop this quick little posting to share the good news! Sometime ago, my family and I went to an awesome science and technology street fair in the West Village by NYU ... had an amazing time.

Out of a few things I took away from the experience, I made a connection with some awesome people at Coder Dojo.

What is Coder Dojo?

CoderDojo NYC is a free open non-profit movement to teach youth ages 7-17 to code. Learn more about us, become a volunteer or join us for our upcoming sessions!

In the month's to come, I will be taking a day out of my time (not much to ask) and volunteering - the objective is to teach children basic coding. Of course, my son will be in tow as I get to teach him a little of what "papi" does and hopefully he'll have some fun.

I'll keep you posted on the progress of our journey!

Next Post: Mentor Meet Up on July 10

No comments:

Post a Comment