Thursday, November 23, 2023

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday November 24, 2023 - "Thanksgiving Ed."


Highlights for the week

Huge wins this week! A recruiter reached out and they've forwarding my resume for a another look. Hoping something happens. Been reading "The Secret" and it's eye-opening. Learning some new skills with NoSQL Vulnerabilities. Gratitude might just be my new perspective.

What I'm grateful for - Unemployment had to happen to me for the following reasons:

  1. Meeting new people and making new connections
  2. Writing a book
  3. Reading more
  4. Reassessing my career goals
  5. Building some great skills I wouldn't have had before
  6. Self-Improvement (finally getting the chance to work through some personal traumas)
  7. Acquiring a mentor
  8. Getting to be a mentor to a great number of people
  9. Some tremendous vacation memories (ie. Halloween 2023 at Universal Orlando; Chichen Itzen; Galaxy's Edge

What We Learned

  1. Coursera - Learned about AI & Machine Learning as it relates to Cybersecurity
  2. ISC(2) - Another series of modules on Incident Response ... very high-level
  3. Automation - Practicing Python; About to learn how to use it with SQL
  4. Automation (Mobile) - Got iOS App / XCode working
  5. Burp Suite - Learning NoSQL Vuln. (cont.)
  6. Cult.ure - story is really coming along - found another spin off

What We Longed For

  1. As always .. waiting for a job to manifest. The ideal is Junior Pen Tester
  2. Finished Sec+ .. need to find practice exams and $$ for the certification

What We Loathed

So d-head on reddit dared to use my lapse in employment against me to support their weak argument. Honestly f** that guy! I'm running my own race.

No comments:

Post a Comment