Friday, November 17, 2023

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday November 10/17, 2023


Highlights for the week

November has begun and so have new rounds of layoffs at different companies. The job market is flooded and the scraps of job ads are super-specific on skills I don't have. The money situation is worse than bad. Getting close to 400 jobs applied to, very little respone. I made some random changes to my linked in profile and instantly recieved a couple of recruiter calls.

Security testing remains in progress. I'm waiting to find new Security+ practice exams. Meanwhile, I'm steadily into ISC(2) and Coursera course. Burp Suite remains in progress. Have not made moves regarding looking to take the Certification yet. Need to make time for practice. I need the reps.

What We Loved

  1. A friend handed me a book that has become inspirational. More on that later.

What We Learned

  1. ISC(2) - Chapter-1, Modules 1 - 3
  2. Coursera - Week02 Module
  3. BurpSuite - File upload validation
  4. Automation - Attempted BDD; Started on XCode/XCui
  5. Cult.ure - Chapter-27/28 in full swing.

What We Longed For

  1. I really madly, truly, deeply need a job. I may have to take out another convenience check, but that's putting me in a bind.
  2. Need to practice Security Testing. I've paused on pen testing for Burp Suite. It's been helpful.

What We Loathed

  1. Being broke!

No comments:

Post a Comment