Saturday, November 4, 2023

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday November 3, 2023 - CTF Experience, pt. 2 - "Key Losses"


Highlights for the week

Week started off cold, wet, dreary, and rainy - the perfect fall soup. It also started with me getting bumped from the team I spoke so fondly of. I have no one else to blame since I may have overallocated myself to a project I really had no time for nor did I have experience with. Simply put, I was out of my depth. I am also not fond of losing perfect weekend weather to sit in front of a computer for no money. I feel a little sad at the outcome, but I'm not sorry. I have bigger problems to solve .. namely my lack of employment.

What We Loved

  1. Finaly finished with Security+

What We Learned

  1. CTF Teams - never commit if you can't follow through [Update] back on the team .. need to get my envornment up to snuff!!
  2. Security+ - Done with the videos. Onto taking the practice exams
  3. Coursera - Started the lessons with Security in Windows
  4. ISC2 - started the course
  5. Automation - paused! Security was the focus
  6. Burp Suite - Finished password hacking. Onto the next
  7. Cult.ure - moving at a glacial pace due to shifting priorities

What We Longed For

  1. As always, a job! Will I ever land one

What We Loathed

  1. ..the entire recruitment process. Been getting rejected consistently or haven't gotten a reply, only to see the role I applied to get reposted. Seriously!? WTF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment