Friday, December 8, 2023

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday December 8, 2023 - "Ghosts Everywhere" ed.


Highlights for the week

Some peculiar highlights this week as the prime focus was on API testing (automation, performance, security). Hacking (dare I call it that) is a beautiful art. The discipline fascinates me the more I learn. Non-sequitor: I didn't get much writing done this week. The other tasks were a bit more time consuming than I wanted.

What We Loved

  1. This time last week, I had a brilliant idea for Cult.ure - wrote it down for future use.
  2. Since my friend turned me on to "The Secret", I've been feeling a lot more positive about things. My dream job is coming

What We Learned

  1. Coursera - Finished (mentioned last week)
  2. ISC(2) - Week-4 Module on Network Security will be broken up in to two parts ... it's huge!
  3. Burp Suite - Double-duty with API testing and Web App. Vulnerabilities as it pertains to Business logic flows.
  4. Automation - Huge Wins this week pertaining to Playwright w. Javascript. API Testing + API Security Tests for the win!!
  5. Cult.ure - Paused. Need to get back into it this weekend.
  6. Pen Testing - As promised, started a cursory PT with the same site I'm conducting automation (FE/API) tests on. Work in progress!

What We Longed For

  1. A Job ... as always

What We Loathed

  1. Ghosting candidates ... this sh@#$% has got to go! People are dependent on others for work and when the agent that handles that can't follow up .. ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment