Saturday, September 14, 2024

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday September 13, 2024 - "The Luck & The Learning" Ed.


Highlights for the week

Got to complete a draft of an official pen test report. I was an awesome experience being able to learn something new. The process is getting cemented more and more. I also got to sit with a colleague and work on their security assessment. It was awesome to learn what an SA is and how to provide proper feedback and collaborate on a document. Finally, I got help setting up my environment for mobile android pen testing. My goal of getting closer to learning about mobile pen testing is getting closer.

What We’re Grateful For

  1. Had a pleasant lunch with wife .. let the healing commence.
  2. Grateful for friends and amazing coworkers.
  3. I get to wake up in a beautiful apartment, in a beautiful neighborhood, working at an amazing job.

What We Loved

  1. Everything about the job so far! I'm off to a great start .. let's not f*** it up!!
  2. Working with amazing people is bonus!

What We Learned

  1. Learned the difference between a Security Assessment and Risk Assessment.
  2. Learned that on an engagment better questions need to be asked in order to prevent late changes or missed priorities.

What We Longed For

  1. Time. The days and weeks are moving along so fast. I have CISSP to look forward to.

What We Loathed

  1. Nothing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment