Sunday, September 22, 2024

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday September 21, 2024 - "Tempus Fugit" Ed.


Highlights for the week

This was an intense week. Trying to balance my priorities with work, personal, and wife's work schedule have proven to be a challenge. The consequence has been missing days at the gym. I'm finally over this little cold I picked up, but it seems highly probable I may have to start waking up early to optimize the most hours out of my day.

Along with learning the job, I'm tasking with training to get CISSP certified. I'm super-pumped I'm working through this, but it's happening at an accelerated pace and my time blocked for this is competing with other things. Not hard to make the time, but it is a rough go since I'm still learning the job.

What We’re Grateful For

  1. Although my time is becoming more strained by the day, I'm grateful I get the opportunity to upskill and get certified.
  2. I'm also grateful for the opportunity to be improving myself and my craft.
  3. Grateful for finally having the means to get back to good graces. The road to becoming debt free is going to be a long one, but all is well.

What We Loved

  1. Although it was a hectic week, I love my job!!

What We Learned

  1. The importance of "voice" as it relates to reporting.
  2. Learned about Security policies and Risk management. Lots of math involved in a proper Quant. Risk Assessment.

What We Longed For

  1. More time!

What We Loathed

  1. Nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment