Saturday, September 7, 2024

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday September 6, 2024 - "1st Week In Cybersecurity" Ed.


Highlights for the week

Man, oh Man! What a week it has been. From last Tuesday on, it has been a whirlwind of learning, doing, and growing. Workplace onboarding has been a trip. Paired with a couple of brilliant people on a project. Learned a few things. Now on my second project, learned about an app that includes several features I've never been exposed to. The team I'm on specializes more in networking and wifi pen testing than web application. Which is a godsend to learn since my strength is in Web Apps.

What We’re Grateful For

  1. Beyond grateful to have a mom willing to give me money. At the moment, I'm refusing it because I'm grown and should solve my own problems.
  2. Grateful that wife found a job. She's grumpy about it, but it is necessary at the moment. I've heard this before.
  3. Grateful for the job and the people I'm surrounded with. I get to learn a new thing.

What We Loved

  1. My job now is mandating us to get certified. Never thought wanting to learn something new would be so cool!

What We Learned

  1. Learned some interesting things about leveraging Burp Suite Pro to do some interesting things, including JWT Analysis.
  2. Moving through my workplace's videos. Lots of content to digest, but fun.

What We Longed For

  1. Nothing this week!

What We Loathed

  1. Nothing this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment