Sunday, September 29, 2024

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday September 27, 2024 - "First 30 in Cybersecurity: Days Done!" Ed.


Highlights for the week

First 30 days in cybersecurity done and I've learned a quite a bit. The process of testing (from scope to reporting), and following up with clients is fundamental to consulting. I participated in my first desktop pen test which was interesting. The lead moved faster than I anticipated, but I did the best I could to capture what I could as far as notes.

What We’re Grateful For

  1. Having an awesome job with great people. Always learning something new week to week.
  2. Grateful there's still money available for food. This is helping offset the large bills coming my way
  3. As always, my gratitude for family and friends will never go unmentioned.

What We Loved

  1. Everything about the job so far. Need to keep to the commitment of doing well, asking questions, and tracking my work. I won't repeat the mistakes of the past.

What We Learned

  1. CISSP - last week: Business Continuity, Disaster Response Planning, and more.
  2. CISSP - this week: (playing catch-up) Criminal investigation, Cryptography, Code of Ethics / ISC2 Code of Conduct, and more.

What We Longed For

  1. As always, more time. Balancing time with priorities is proving a challenge. But waking up at 5am to start the week has been rewarding.

What We Loathed

  1. Nada!

No comments:

Post a Comment