Sunday, June 4, 2023

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday June 2, 2023


Highlights for the week

New month, new ideas, same me. Job search is still unproductive, actually two rejections to date. The job I interviewed at is unresponsive. I'm not convinced I've been accepted. I also applied to a job that ghosted me. Not my finer moment, but I need money now. The coolest thing of the week is that I finally got the Kali box working and have been progressing through the tutorial. Playwright for QA Automation has been another cool framework to learn.

What We Loved

  1. The Pen Testing tutorial has been fun. I'm on to a new section this week.

What We Learned

  1. Network+ - Learned about the need to have a network be readily available and how to mitigate against potential disasters.
  2. Security+ - Big section on Architecture, this module was about the secure app development process and the importance of having Security early.
  3. TCM - Pen Testing Module 2 completed. Learned about fuzzers on a form.
  4. Cult.ure - Stuck on chapter 9. Parsed out the majority to potentially be a new book. Rewrote the chapter to be more first-person (Dulci is telling the story).
  5. Personal - with Reddit off my phone, I need to read more and declutter my email, books, links on Linked-In, etc.

What We Longed For

  1. As always, a good job! But the right job, not just for a paycheck, but something that I actually want to do.

What We Loathed

  1. Unemployment and the multiple rejections this week. Not cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment