Friday, July 7, 2023

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday July 7, 2023 - Independence Day Ed.


Highlights for the week

Another successful week. Hit several goals, and have acquired a new mentee (who knew!). A couple of other new connection wanted to discuss some Cybersecurity testing basics. Sadly, these meetings didn't manifest themeselves. Worth a note is unblocking myself and making great progress with the Pentesting Course.
Unemployment remains blech!! But I really truly feel my job is waiting for me.

What We Loved

  1. I'm honored having been asked to mentor someone. Not my first time "coaching" someone, but I'm opting to be the mentor I haven't had.
  2. Made great progress with learning Espresso for Android.
  3. Making great progress with the book as well. Story is evolving beyond what I had laid out.

What We Learned

  1. Network+ - Done! Need to find pop quizzes.
  2. Security+ - Finished the modules regarding Architecture & Design.
  3. TCM - Moving through the OWASP Top 10. Will definitely write a "Security For No0bs" post.
  4. Automation (web) - Finished what I could for Playwright w. Python. Fascinating framework.
  5. Automation (mobile) - Made decent headway with Espresso after being blocked with the Gradle build process. There's still a bunch to learn.

What We Longed For

  1. SQL - this has to be a must do next week.
  2. Espresso - continued practice.
  3. WebdriverIO - this keeps popping up. I should pivot from Appium Automation to learn this.

What We Loathed

  1. Unemployment. 15 jobs, no recruiter call backs. Ghosted by another recruiter. The grind is taking it's toll and money is running out.

No comments:

Post a Comment