Sunday, July 16, 2023

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday July 14, 2023 (Sunday Ed.)


Highlights for the week

Posting this a bit late on Sunday as things have been a mixed bag of busy and lazy. Some promising news on the job hunt!

What We Loved

  1. My friend / potential manager reached out to let me know the role is in the final stages of budget approval.
  2. Got a good idea for the Mentor - planning to learn more about the process of pentesting while I learn techniques.

What We Learned

  1. Security+ - started Module 3 .. gonna be a long slog.
  2. TCM - Finished Module 4 - OWASP Top 10. Need some more practice on DWVA.
  3. Automation - made great progress on Espresso (Android). Even built a rig app to test against.
  4. Databse Testing / SQL - learned schema testing.
  5. Cult*ure - Chapter 14 is coming along quite nicely. Some interesting character developments.

What We Longed For

  1. More time. My plans for the week were hijacked on Wednesday due to personal priorities.
  2. Longing for a paycheck, but I've articulated the vision a lot clearer and working towards manifesting it.

What We Loathed

  1. A few jobs rejected my application this week. Yet the roles for ones I was rejected for in the past showed up again .. wth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment