Friday, March 15, 2024

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday March 15, 2024 - "Luck o' the Irish Ed."


Highlights for the week

St. Patrick's day is fast approaching, commemorating 7 years since the passing of my grandma (RIP!). The time is flying by. Lots of decent news to report, starting with landing another freelancing gig testing AI, interviewing with an agency for a new role, and finally finishing both the pen test and linked in learning.

What We Loved

  1. Finally got to start that new PPL workout. So far, so good. The love is in the grind!
  2. Confronted my tech interview fears and did not feel like a failure. I didn't succeed, but not because I didn't try. I studied wrong .. sort of.

What We Learned

  1. Automation - Big key win taking a crash course in XCUI Automation. Things are working and moving steadily.
  2. AI - Got under the hood by preparing for a hackerrank interview (that I bombed) and had fun along the way. Will be blogging about it.
  3. Pen Testing - Completed the report for the practice site. My mentor provided some insight and new scripts. He says I'm doing the right things
  4. Linked In Learning - Completed the module for Security Fundamentals. Nothing too revealing to learn, but there were some OSINT tips that came in handy.
  5. Cult.ure - paused; "Husb.." - made a little progress. Paused on the writing due to other priorities.
  6. Burp Suite - Completed the module for Server-side Request Forgery. Will complete the Race condition one a.s.a.p.

What We Longed For

  1. As always, not having a proper job is frustrating. But I'm not so concerned about where I work. I want the right environment, with the right people, for the right pay. I pray for a little bit of Irish luck to find its way to our family.

What We Loathed

  1. Interview process where there was no proper introduction, but rather jump right into the technical assessment. The Worst!!

No comments:

Post a Comment