Friday, March 29, 2024

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday March 29, 2024 - "Easter Week Ed."


Highlights for the week

This past 40 days of Lent commemorates the end days of our savior Jesus Christ. We honor his life, death, and resurrection. More importantly, we honor his mission on earth. The message was simple, "love each other as I love you." That is to say, unconditional, forgiving, and without pretext. Cheers!

In other news, had a brilliant study session with my mentee. Achievement Unlocked! Another pen test completed.

Oh! Let me not forget, my mentor forwarded my resume to someone within his company. Same one I interviewed last time .. and lost. Stay tuned! Hoping my luck changes.

What We Loved

  1. Mentee-1 - As always, worked with one mentee to improve her resume.
  2. Mentee-2 - Worked with my other mentee to get her better prepared with her studies.

What We Learned

  1. Automation (Web) - learned that Cypress discontinued support for xpath. That being said, somehow, things are working again.
  2. Automation (iOS) - Finished XCUI iOS tests. Refactor .. tbd!
  3. QA - Completed a ton of QA related activities, like test plan, test scenarios, risk analysis, requirements traceability, testing, and reporting.
  4. Pen Test - completed the security audit and wrote up the report. On to the next one ... love this :)
  5. Linked In Learning - Learned how to use Azure DevOps and deploy a project to that CI. Next week, I'm going to try deployment with the project.
  6. Cult.ure - "paused"; "Husb..." - in the final chapters of the story that ballooned over the past two months. Love it :)
  7. UTest - Signed up for remote work with new site. Next week - onboarding
  8. TesterWork - Opted out of one campaign that required being "ON" for seven days; Signed up for another .. who knows how much longer I will keep this one

What We Longed For

  1. It was a bummer that I didn't land the job. Every rejection is a redirection!

What We Loathed

  1. UNEMPLOYMENT - 545 days since my last paycheck! Rejections galore. It's possible most of these jobs listed are not even real!
  2. RemoTask - not sure how much longer I'm going to keep this profile active. I haven't completed the onboarding because they want a profile pic to verify id .. sketchy!

No comments:

Post a Comment