Sunday, July 14, 2024

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday July 12, 2024 - "Low Point" Ed.


Highlights for the week

Not a lot of good to report this week. Fully recoverd from the loss of the job opportunity of two weeks ago, but in the dog house, yet again .. yay! And it wasn't even my fault.

A cool thing worth noting was my participation in a Blue-Team oriented CTF. There were a lot of fun but tough challenges. In the end, I scored a decent amount of points. It only cost me a VM that I've got to rebuild (again!).

What We’re Grateful For

  1. Grateful for having a partner, even when she's upset at me (when I wasn't wrong)
  2. Grateful for having my son be on my side, and seeing that his dad was not wrong
  3. Grateful for not being wrong and disallowing myself to feel hurt by her insults and kept a cool head

What We Loved

  1. Not a lot to love this week.

What We Learned

  1. Level Effect Cyber Defense CTF - Learned a surprising amount. Was also pleasantly surprised by how much I actually did know.
  2. U-Test - Finally got around to signing up for a practice test cycle in U-Test for $$ - starting this on Monday
  3. Cybrary - Completed the Pen Testing course and earned the "certificate of completion." Overall, the learning was mostly focused on prep for the OSCP.
  4. GraphQL - Paused for the CTF.
  5. Automation - Spent an entire afternoon trying to repair my mobile + WebdriverIO test repo. At the moment it's not working at all. Issue is beyond my control.
  6. Pen Test - Finished Recon step in pen test. On to CONFIGURATION & DEPLOYMENT MANAGEMENT TESTING
  7. Medium - Vulnerability Assessment (paused!)
  8. "Husb..." - climactic showdown for chapters 27 - 29. Having tons of fun writing these out.

What We Longed For

  1. A JOB!! Plain and simple. Coming up on 22 months since my last paycheck. Really really bad!!

What We Loathed

  1. This job market. Worst ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment