Friday, July 26, 2024

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday July 26, 2024 - "Nearing Insolvency" Ed.


Highlights for the week

New job applied to - Daxko - no rejection, but no movement yet, so hope remains. Started a new bug bounty program - testing the "Blue Apron" site. Strict scope, but I'm going throught the motions of a full security audit.

Some sub-stellar achievements

New u-test campaign: bombed the ticket portion, could not find any bugs in the selected browser. After some soul searching, its best that I REVIEW my steps taken, REASSESS my process, and RETRY .. because that is all I can do. I'm not a failure.

Blogging on Medium is not getting as much traction as I hoped. I'll keep grinding, but I don't want to be a content monkey nor do I want to be writing for the "likes".

What We’re Grateful For

  1. Food, Shelter, and Good Health
  2. A loving mom who keeps giving more than getting
  3. An awesome family, despite a spouse who is super-pissed off and at the point where divorce is imminent

What We Loved

  1. Not a lot ... it was a rough week!

What We Learned

  1. Coursera - Started SQL fundamentals.
  2. YouTube - Learning Salesforce QA
  3. YouTube(2) - Learning GraphQL Pen Testing
  4. Bug Bounties - Started on "Blue Apron"
  5. Automation - finally started on refactoring Security API Automation tests
  6. "Husb" - showdown in progress

What We Longed For

  1. As always: a good job, with great pay and benefits, working with cool people, doing awesome things!

What We Loathed

  1. Job search has now expanded to include food service (ugg!)
  2. Getting consistent rejections without so much as an attempt to interview
  3. Spent the back-half of the week w/o hot water ... it was a rough four days

No comments:

Post a Comment