Saturday, August 15, 2026

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday August 15, 2026 - “Solar Eclipse” Ed.


Highlights for the week

Understanding that I have been forcing my hand at life is why I've failed like I have. Probably time to relinquish control and let Jesus take the wheel. This week's post will be about that.

As it relates to the job market, every day for the past 14 months has been the same: search for job > apply to job > hear nothing (or rejection).

Have I been doing life the hard way? I'm almost 50 and haven't accomplished anything. WU WEI - Effortless Action

MONDAY

Affirmation: "THE UNIVERSE RESPONDS TO YOUR INNER BEING, NOT WHAT YOU WANT MOST" - A. Watts

Your energy determines your outcome. Life mirrors your inner posture. A chaotic mind yields a chaotic life. An open mind yields a responsive outcome.

TUESDAY

Affirmation: "CONTROL IS AN ILLUSION" - A. Watts

Presence is real. Quit forcing what isn't ready. It will not serve you. Only by letting go, relaxing, and trusting can you be accepting.

Allow instead of insist, and the doors will open.

WEDNESDAY

Affirmation: REAL FREEDOM IS REFUSING TO PARTICIPATE IN WHAT IS WRONG FOR YOU

Probably explains why I've subconsciouslly rebelled against jobs that never felt were my calling. So the question becomes, if I have failed at just about everything, what is my purpose? My calling?

Got a good start on the project pen test. Finished the scoping and the reconnaissance. Mapped the site as well. Tomorrow, will do a deeper dive.

THURSDAY

Affirmation: THE DIVINE IS THE ORDINARY THINGS SEEN PROPERLY

Divinity is found in everything, including us.

FRIDAY

Affirmation: ACTION CREATES CLARITY, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND

Another solid week in the bag.

What We’re Grateful For

  1. Grateful that today (Saturday 8/15) was a gorgeous day to enjoy.
  2. Grateful that I get to wake up every day under a welcoming roof, good food, comfy bed, healthy and full of zest.
  3. Grateful for a full 'fridge .. nuff said.
  4. Grateful that the credit card payments went through. Got a temporary reprieve. Clock is ticking!!

What We Loved

  1. Love the family.

What We Learned

    TO DO
  1. Google Cloud (Coursera) ... still in the backlog of things to do.
  2. Write - "Husb" - next chapter [Status: PAUSED!] ... need to make time for this.
  3. Write - Next Substack Article .. need fresh ideas.

  4. IN PROGRESS
  5. Web PT - Canva [Status: IN PROGRESS!] Tested some file upload components and spent a considerable amount of time on the Canva AI feature, applying what I learned in "Wraith."
  6. INNER WORK [Status: CONTINUAL!]
  7. Android PT - [Status: IN PROGRESS!] Learning more about Intents and hijacking backlinks to websites.

  8. DONE
  9. AI PT - Wraith ... Finished Module No. 9. Learned about model consumption; might need to re-read the defense section
  10. QA - U-Test: 4 outstanding bugs - still no word
  11. Read "Hacking For Dummies" .. it was very high-level. Not quite Web Application Hacker's Handbook.

What We Longed For

  1. A great job. AI Red Team as a great first-choice, Pen Testing as Second, QA Engineer 3rd.

What We Loathed

  1. 2026 Job Market. Worst is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment