Highlights for the week
I slipped this past weekend and gave in to the temptation of the flesh. I let myself escape the moment and enjoy the content. The result, while someone fun, was hijacking my sleep and costing me a day's workout. Upon reflection of this weakness, I've decided to recognize why and use a trigger word to fight off the temptation and hold the line of disciplined. Woke up Monday and charged up for the week ahead.
Jim Rohn spoke to me for a bit on YT and fired me up. I've been giving my past mistakes waaay too much energy. Time to let that sh** go!!
Allan Watts has also been instrumental this week. I've been putting a lot more emphasis on just letting things happen as they ought to and not forcing the future. As he said, it is a dance, and two partners cannot lead. So, to the universe I say: TAKE THE LEAD!
Worth a special callout ...Round-1 Interview w. BrainPOP!. I used Claude to prepare for the interview and showed up armed and ready. Kept my answers clear and concise and hit all the marks. All appendages crossed for what comes next, but if it happens, the lesson learned was to prepare smart: studied who they were, what the job entails, and how my experience contributes.
MONDAY
Affirmation: STOP HOLDING ONTO THE GUILT, SHAME, AND FAILURE OF THE PAST
This is what is keeping you stuck ... let it go !LEARN .. ADJUST .. MOVE ON.YOUR PAST IS A TEACHER NOT AN ANCHOR
TUESDAY
Affirmation: WITHIN EVERY HARDSHIP LIES THE LESSON AND BLESSING OF GROWTH
Pain is the great teacher. Lean in and learn, then let go!
WEDNESDAY
Affirmation: TURN KNOWLEDGE INTO ABILITY
Learn something new and challlenging then apply it. Take notes on it. Repeat. Failing is learning so its ok if that happens.
THURSDAY
Affirmation: STRUGGLE IS WHAT DEVELOPS YOU
Do the hard thing .. especially when you don't want to. Use the phrase HODOR when you feel like are going to do dumb shit or repeat a bad habit (ie porn)
FRIDAY
Affirmation: THE REWARD FOR DOING HARD THINGS ISN'T FAILURE, IT'S GROWTH
Never be afraid to confront what is challenging. Whether it is a new workout, a new job, or a new task. Face it head on with conviction. Will you fail? Maybe. Will you win? Also yes. The point is to welcome the challenge, regardless of the outcome, because the reward isn't the result .. it's that you showed up and put in the effort.
Been reminiscing hard about the Townhouse lately. I don't dwell on the one bad day where I was fired. I think back to the multiple years prior, when I started with zero experience and worked my up to management. The friends I made along the way, the people that I had the ultimate pleasure of working with. Andrea!! Quite possible the best time of my early 20s ever. And if not for that bad day, I probably would have been there until the day it shuttered.
SATURDAY
Affirmation: NEVER GIVE WORK EMOTIONAL AUTHORITY OVER YOU
Another powerful quote I heard in a video that spoke to me. The take-away: Do your job to the best of your ability. Help people when appropriate. But do not treat management's opinions or decisions as a verdict of your worth.
What We’re Grateful For
- Grateful for another successful week in the bag.
- Happiness is a full 'fridge, so there's a lot to be thankful for there.
- Grateful for wife's baking skills. Seeing her feminine aura makes me happy and inspires me to work harder at being the man she deserves.
- Grateful to see my son progressing in his skills. He'll be starting school soon so we need to get that budget under control.
- Grateful to be alive, healthy, thriving, and learning.
What We Loved
- Seeing my wife ready for fall fills me with happiness.
- It was a great week, capped off by a great interview.
- Wraith.sh has been an amazing learning platform
What We Learned
- Google Cloud (Coursera) ... still in the backlog. When money gets right, I'm definitely signing up for this.
- Android PT - About to start Android BBH.
- Network PT - Look up learning modules for this.
- Write - Next Substack Article .. need fresh ideas.
- AI PT - Wraith Module 10 .. started!
- INNER WORK [Status: CONTINUAL!]
- Web PT - Canva [Status: PAUSED!] Could not make time this week, food shopping and other priorities took precedence. Also had to rebuild my VM. Next week, for sure!
- Writing - Completed first part of "Husb" chapter 73 .. got more good ideas in the works
- Reading - "Zorro" ... started the last section.
- AI PT - Wraith Module 9
- QA - U-Test: 4 outstanding bugs - still no word. Filed a Customer Support Ticket.
TO DO
IN PROGRESS
DONE
FALL GOALS
- Top priority: Land a great job .. hoping for BrainPOP! but if there's a better one for me, let's f**ng go!!
- Secondary-priority: Getting the credit cards paid off, along with Lorenzo's money owed.
- Plan for the trip to Universal Orlando / Cruise.
What We Loathed
- 2026 Job Market .. and everything it has done to wreck the economy.
- The Earthquakes .. all of them. Freak occurrence or sign of the end times.
No comments:
Post a Comment