Highlights for the week
Kicking off another proming week, manifesting success, and finding my purpose. I'm trusting the Universe to guide my towards my purpose. If that means not landing a bad job, so be it. I was incredibly proud of my interview last week and how it all went. Their decision is what it is. What was meant for me will not pass me by. That being said, I desperately need a job.
Second highlight of the week was the "travel planner app." I expanded on the tutorial to include location time and temperature, Model fallbacks for when the primary model fails, and a suite of tests. More on that to come, and I may even expand the forshore app.
MONDAY
Affirmation: YOU ATTRACT SUCCESS BY THE PERSON YOU BECOME - Jim Rohn
Keep going ... moving towards your goals. Build trust in yourself by your daily actions and follow-thru.
TUESDAY
Affirmation: DISCIPLINE IS THE BRIDGE BETWEEN GOALS AND ACCOMPLISHMENT
The test is to act when you don't feel like it or aren't motivated. Simple, not easy.
While I did get the chance to finish up on the module I was targeting, I may need to revisit it on Thursday.
Took my shot with SOPHOS. At this point in the job search, I half expect "No" instead of "Yes". Not that I'm manifesting rejection, but taking a more pragmatic approach instead.
WEDNESDAY
Affirmation: CHOOSE TO SNOOZE OR CHOOSE YOUR GOALS
Small daily decisions repeated over time become your life.
- The decision to focus on yourself.
- The decision to exercise.
- The decision to learn.
- The decision to improve 1% every single day.
Closing out Wednesday on a high after a sluggish start. Let's celebrate accomplishments:
- First round interview with Enrollment123 .. was a bot, but who cares.
- Learned about SNYK and agentic pen testing for a company - YALO. I should look into them.
- Learned about Google Cloud + AI use to track down a missing shipping container. The technical difficulties while spectating the video were a buzz kill.
- Played the role of junior SDET where I got to resolve some bug fixes for the travel planner script using Copilot to review the code and provide solutions. Literally 3 hrs of work rather than 2 weeks. AWESOME!!
THURSDAY
Affirmation: THE PRIVILEDGE OF A LIFETIME IS BECOMING WHO YOU ARE - K. JUNG
The best life is the one well-lived, free of any mask or pretense. You shouldn't have to adopt a personae to fit in, be valued, or become seen.
FRIDAY
Affirmation: WHEN THE MIND ASKS "WHAT IF I FAIL?" ANSWER, "WHAT WILL I LEARN? - A. Watts
Old patterns repeating themselves or manifestation? Either way, you are not your past; your old habits or patterns of belief. You are destined for better, so become better to do better.
Ended the week on a great high! Opted out of an impersonal recruitment process. Had not spoken to a single human person the entire time and they wanted me to record a video, then take a tech assessment. Hard pass.
What We’re Grateful For
- Grateful for the family, and wife who is an amazing cook
- A full 'fridge and money in the bank for now
- Just happy to be motivated to keep getting 1% better.
What We Loved
- Lorenzo will be starting trade school soon ... wish I were more of a provider, but so proud of him.
- End of August and the 'fridge is full ... grateful and loving this
What We Learned
- AI PT - Wraith WCAP Cert.
- Google Cloud (Coursera) ... still in the backlog.
- Write - Substack Article .. need a fresh idea.
- API PT - Canva [Status: BLOCKED!]
- Reading - "Zorro" ... started the last section.
- Network Security https://skills.yourlearning.ibm.com/activity/ALM-COURSE_3947264 = Module 2
- AI PT - Wraith Module 11 - easy module to understand ... think "manchurian candidate" for LLMS. Need to re-read and take notes when time allows.
- QA - U-Test: 1 Bug Accepted; 3 Bugs Rejected - UTEST is an absolute joke!
- Unintended Side Project - I followed a tutorial to build a Travel Planner using Gemini, then composed a test plan and mapped a few test cases for it.
- Write - Next Medium blog post was dedicated to the lessons learned from my experience with uTest.
TO DO
IN PROGRESS
DONE
What We Longed For
- A decent job .. leaning really hard towards AI red teaming.
What We Loathed
- 2026 Job Market
- U-Test Moderation
No comments:
Post a Comment