Highlights for the week
Had a tremendous weekend of "productive chillaxation." And by that I mean, I had a horrible Friday night's sleep going into saturday and I was pretty much a zombie. I managed to get some writing done, but the scheduled leg workout was postponed. So I spent the afternoon doing coding as well, and watched a movie with the missus. Also made tacos.
Sunday was a different matter. I woke up late, well-rested and full of vigor. After our late breakfast, I managed to finish up the AI project I was working on and added some tests. I also polished up the HTML styling. If I invested more time, I could probably make a theme, but whatever. The tests pass, and the styles successfully apply dynamically when the report is generated.
Mondays are notoriously bad regarding job hunting. Also, been on a SHADOW WORK kick. Finding some gems.
As of 2026, writing is still a viable career, but it requires you to be adaptable, skilled, and persistent. Specialization helps.
Random text
MONDAY
Affirmation: THE PARADOX OF SELF-SABOTAGE: CAUSING THE CHAOS TO PROTECT FROM HARM
Progress and/or peace are sabotaged by unconscious associations the shadow makes to avoid its demise. Because self-actualization and growth, peace and prosperity, even love, mean growth. So the shadow keeps you at a familiar level by doing dumb shit to preserve itself.
Solution: integrate and evolve.
TUESDAY
Affirmation: WE ARE NOT FAILING DUE TO A LACK OF ABILITY. WE ARE FAILING BECAUSE ...
We are stuck because there are internal voices older than ourselves telling us that it is safer not to change. We need not fight this but rather work with it. Reconcile the notion that change is necessary. We deserve it.
WEDNESDAY
Affirmation: SELF-TRUST BEGINS WITH THE WILLINGNESS TO ACCEPT THAT FAILING IS LEARNING
Say this when doubts creep in: IU may e wrong bur I trust myself enough to choose. And if I fail, I will learn. If new information appears, I will change. But ai will not surrender nor will I quit, or wallow in negative self-talk.
I TRUST MYSELF .. FLAWS AND ALL
THURSDAY
Affirmation: AMBITION, ANGER, EVEN TENDERNESS, ALL LIVE IN THE SHADOW - K. JUNG
The goals is to quit denying or repressing the parts that are unseen, and integrate them into who you were meant to be.
The person you are proud of does not require you to invent something new. It requires you to stop abandoning the old patterns.
FRIDAY
Affirmation: YOU ARE NOT BROKEN, YOU ARE UNCONSCIOUS OF A PATTER THAT ONCE PROTECTED YOU AND NOW LIMITS YOU - K. JUNG
What have been avoiding? Busy .. productive .. it all prevents stillness.
What do you ACTUALLY want, not what you were taught to want?
SATURDAY/SUNDAY
Affirmation: KEEP GRINDIN’
statement for any relevant fun side projects
What We’re Grateful For
- Grateful for a full 'fridge and happy home.
- Grateful that I have some money left in the bank .. next month will be a different story.
What We Loved
- Had a gloomy end to an otherwise beautiful and productive week.
What We Learned
- AI PT - Wraith CTFs - Spent a small bit of time with the CTFs on the site. So far, I've completed 20 of 23 challenges.
- Network Security https://skills.yourlearning.ibm.com/activity/ALM-COURSE_3947264 = Module 2
- Google Cloud (Coursera) ... still in the backlog.
- Write - Medium
- Write - Substack
- Reading - "Zorro" ... started the last section. Fell behind on this.
- Android PT - HexTree ... the next module is TBD.
- Write - "Husband" .. chipping away at the latest chapter, where Enzo (sixOne's son) is in DMNO4 (fka Daemonia).
- Read - "AD Exploitation with Metasploit"
- Canva PT - Report is 100%. Focused on Web and AI; API was blocked, and other links were broken.
TO DO
IN PROGRESS
DONE
What We Longed For
- A job ... at this point, any thing that brings in a decent income will suffice.
What We Loathed
- The 2026 Job Market - seeing jobs I was rejected for get reposted is the worst.
No comments:
Post a Comment