Highlights for the week
Weather has been bliss Sunday and Monday. Sunny skies, cool breeze, and an air of excitement for what fall is about to bring. Also excited because son starts his trade school this week. Time is moving on regardless of how ready I am or not. Fifteen months of unemployment is getting old, but I don't miss having a bad job. I just miss having a paycheck.
MONDAY
Affirmation: THE SHADOW IS YOUR SELF WAITING
The ego writes stories to protect self image. Identity can become a psych prison if you let it. Face the shadow and become aware of who you are.
Had a peculiar dream. I was at a random party with people I knew from high school, including a close friend. I remember having this need to speak to him about something, but he kept dodging me. Several girls ran interference and kept me away from him. I just remember thinking this was about old issues that need to be finalized but he wasn't having it. At some point I rememeber thinking, "f** it, I'm going home. So I made my way to a dark parking lot and jumped into this ragged white pick-up truck that suddenly started spinning out of control. I remember having to stick my foot out and plant it firmly to the ground to stop the spinning. That's when I woke up. Mind you, it was 4 am. This wasn't just a dream. I have to believe this was a message. Hence my thinking about shadow work.
Job hunt-wise, Mondays are notoriously sparse for leads.
TUESDAY
Affirmation: UNTIL YOU MAKE THE UNCONSCIOUS CONSCIOUS, IT WITLL GUIDE YOUR LIFE AND YOU WILL CALL IT FATE - K. Jung
Time to face your shadow .. fix what is broken .. heal and grow
Thinking yesterday's dream and recollection of past failures super-early this morning is paving the way for something bigger. Gotta prepare for it.
WEDNESDAY
Affirmation: THE PERSONAE IS THE MASK WE WEAR TO FACE THE WORLD
.. it is not the real you , but rather the you the identity of conformity; belonging, fitting in, people pleaser, and a do-gooder. To confront the shadow is to remove the mask and come face to face with who you really are.
THURSDAY
Affirmation: NONCE
Quiet day; no gym or anything else. Woke up earlier than I wanted and feel like a zombie.
FRIDAY
Affirmation: NEVER BE AFRAID TO ADVOCATE FOR YOURSELF
Know your value: Know your worth. Yes, you messed up. Yes, you broke it (again!). You are not an idiot. Stop beating yourself up. Learn >> Do >> Grow.
What We’re Grateful For
- Happiness is a full 'fridge.
- 13 months and I've matured a lot. This was necessary time to heal and learn.
- Grateful for the positivity despite the lack of job leads. I'm going to be ok.
- I get to wake up with joy in my heart, despite the lack.
- Grateful that my best days are still ahead of me.
What We Loved
- Loved the learning moments.
- Loved to watch my son getting to move forward in his life.
What We Learned
- Network Security https://skills.yourlearning.ibm.com/activity/ALM-COURSE_3947264 = Module 2
- Write - Substack Article .. need a fresh idea.
- AI PT - Wraith WCAP Cert. - [PENDING] Cost is $200, 24-hour window, score is based out of 1600 (70% is passing)
- Google Cloud (Coursera) ... still in the backlog.
- Write - Medium
- Write - Substack
- Read - "AD Exploitation with Metasploit" ... it's been on-hold while I get another things to done. It's a hard read.
- Android PT - HexTree ... the next module is TBD.
- API PT - Canva [Status: BLOCKED!] Filed a system bug ticket with CANVA stating an issue encountered after following the prescribed steps to interact with the API.
- Reading - "Zorro" ... started the last section. Fell behind on this.
- AI PT - Wraith CTFs - Spent a small bit of time with the CTFs on the site. So far, I've completed 20 of 23 challenges.
- Side Project w. HTML prototype is done. There's a system error shown because it can't find the API key (I'm using a .env file)
TO DO
IN PROGRESS
DONE
What We Longed For
- A solid job. Titles, in order of most desired: Security Consultant, AI Red Team, QAE
What We Loathed
- 2026 Job Market
- The current administration.
- AI companies .. all of them. They are screaming threats of human extinction within the next 10 years or so ... really?! What the actual f**?!
No comments:
Post a Comment