Monday, January 30, 2023

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday January 27, 2023


Highlights for the week - A Spiritual Experience!

Apologies for the lateness of this post, but worth a mention is just how eventful last week was. If I were to take a deep look through a distinct lense of life experiences, everything came together in a spectacular kaleidescope of elements. There were several "blasts from the past" that showed themselves at odd times. Still not sure what to make of it. As the saying goes, "when you pray God hears you, but so does the enemy .. so be mindful."

What We Loved

  1. The fish are biting and a few job prospects are in different states in the process. That is to say: applications were filed and interviews have been had.
  2. The first of the odd but wonderful events came in the form of working with a QA VP on an Automation Strategy doc - which has lead to a potential job opportunity.
  3. Working with the aforementioned VP yielded the chance that we knew the same person(s), people from my first QA job. This lead to reconnecting with that acquaintance.
  4. Having connected with this acquaintance, my former manager - the one who forced me to resign - also connected. We exchanged pleasantries .. and I learned something about myself.
  5. One of the jobs I'm super interested in has a recruiting assistant who just happens to have the same name of that special someone. What are the odds!
  6. Discussing my passion for Cybersecurity lead to another job opportunity, waiting to hear back.
  7. And last but not least, another friend from my past presented a job opportunity my way. He forwarded my resume to the recruitment manager, who just happened to be a co-worker from another of my jobs.

What We Learned

  1. The biggest thing I took away from the weekend was how indifferent I was to my ex-manager reaching out to me. I felt no joy, but I had no ill-will either. It was a test .. hope I passed!

What We Longed For

  1. More time. The chore of moving everything off my emails and the Monday.com kanban to Trello bore some exciting but monumental amounts of work. Gotta keep grinding!!

What We Loathed

  1. Nothing to report this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment