Sunday, May 21, 2023

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday May 19, 2023 (Late Ed.)


Highlights for the week

Another week came and went and not a lot got done. Officially at the 9 month mark of unemployment. Clearly something isn't working that it's been this long without so much as several rounds of interviews and/or an offer. It's actually making me question my entire career path. On the flip side, it's afforded me the luxury of skilling up and working on my book.

What We Loved

  1. Made it to another round of interviews at JOB-A, and got a second recruiter contact me for JOB-B
  2. Close to done with Network+. Not planning to take the certification exam. I should quiz myself

What We Learned

  1. Network+ - Completed the module on Network Operations
  2. Security+ - Completed the module on Security Architecture. Stared on TCM Pentester Course
  3. Automation - Nothing this week. On deck is mobile, and strongly considering Playwright with Python
  4. Cult*ure - Finally wrapped up Chapter 8. Started on Chapter 9 .. need to get more disciplined with my writing. It's too much fun.

What We Longed For

  1. More time and a paycheck

What We Loathed

  1. Code Challenges. Love them and hate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment