Monday, May 8, 2023

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday May 5, 2023 - Coronation Edition (late)


Highlights for the week

Apologies for the lateness of my post. I was away from keyboard most of the weekend and no amount of writing got done. On Saturday, England crowned their new king - King Charles III - a historic and spectacular event. I legitimately got the chills from just how momentous the entire event was. A nice destraction from my near nine months of unemployment.

What We Loved

  1. Seeing the coronation
  2. Spending some quality time with the wife just walking and hanging out

What We Learned

  1. Network+ - made great progress (almost done)
  2. Security+ - steady progress. Once Net+ is done, we'll double our efforts
  3. Burp Suite - finished a good majority of the training labs. Learned a ton
  4. Automation Practice - Finished API practice in python (yatzee!); have mobile automation working for Java and JS (double yatzee!)
  5. Cult-ure: Have parsed chapter 8 in half. Need to make time for this more now that Burp Suite is done
  6. Came up with ideas for another book .. lots to think about
  7. Its possible my resume is hurting my career .. or maybe I just suck

What We Longed For

  1. A new job. While I'm not freaking about about the near-nine, I'm frustrated with the entire process

What We Loathed

  1. Recruiters not calling as much
  2. Unemployment

No comments:

Post a Comment