Friday, September 1, 2023

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday September 1, 2023 -- Rabbit Rabbit


Highlights for the week

Welp .. it's happened. I'm 20 days from hitting 1 full year since my last paycheck, my last employment. I've learned a metric ton since the last time I answered to anyone. I've faced a lot of demons, confronted my ineptitude, and healed from a lot of the psychological and emotional trauma that comes with getting laid off .. repeatedly. I've learned a lot about what I want and don't want. I've interviewed a few times to no avail, but thinking the ~300 "No's" are bringing me closer to my "YES!!" The proof was interviewing for the Junior Security Consultant role. If I don't get it, well I took my shot. The TCM course on Pen Testing prepared me for that, and I cannot begin to think that was the best $1 I ever spent on myself.
I need a job, a good paycheck, and benefits, yet for some odd reason I'm not going to lose my mind of landing a role in QA that I don't want. Life is too short to settle. It's taken me 12 months to learn I need to be living for me, doing what I want, for a company that is going to suit my needs. I'm not a lemming to be disposed of when they see fit. I want to have the dream job, and I feel I'm getting closer to that.
*** GOALS ACHIEVED ***

  • Hit all my study goals this week
  • Completed Most of "Juice Shop 1 Star" (Pen Test Attack Difficulty) and most of the "2 Stars"
  • Fulfilled SNAP requirements. Should hear something by 9/2
  • Learned more about Sec+ and PTES .. the Penetration Testing Standard
  • Workouts have been consistent. Seeing the results

What We Loved

  1. TCM - Pen Testing Course. Learning the process and the skills to successfully complete a penetration test are immeasurable.

What We Learned

  1. Security+ - This week's module centered around Cloud Security & Account Management. Next up: Authentication & Authorization Services
  2. TCM - Course Completed. Now I have to do a Capstone (Proof of Mastery) and truly earn that cert.
  3. Cult.ure - Book is coming along, but I need to be more disciplined in my writing. One or two days aint cutting it.

What We Longed For

  1. Job & Paycheck .. nothing more complicated than that
  2. Need read more. So far, my reading has been off web pages and Flip board

What We Loathed

  1. No negativity this week

No comments:

Post a Comment