Saturday, August 26, 2023

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday August 25, 2023


Highlights for the week

Welp, another mixed bag of highs and lows. The high: Made it past 2nd round of the interview for a Jr. Pentester Role (remote). Got tasked with submitting a bug report which was approved by my mentor. So stoked!! The low: Got the email stating it's going to take a few weeks as they're interviewing other candidates. I feel like I may have bombed the interview somehow. Perhaps it was getting the motto wrong (I was thinking of something relevant to the example they wanted me to give and I blurted out the wrong thing .. so stupid!). There may have been a few other missteps (probably) as nerves got the better of me. Overall, the job search sucks and this is the closest I've come to an opportunity in the direction I want for a new career. QA roles are drying up.

The other low is that I'm coming up on 11.5 months w/o work. By far the longest stretch ever! I will be cleaned of money by mid-September if I don't land something a.s.a.p.

What We Loved

  1. Another week came and went. Got to "shoot my shot" with a Security Company job. Hoping for the best, but anticipating the worst. Trying not to get to caught up in the excitement.

What We Learned

  1. The priority was Security Jr. Pentester job intreview. Learning a lot about Pen Test Process & Reporting
  2. Security+ - Finished the module on Mobile Security. Up next, Cloud Security
  3. Cult.ure - Great progress on latest chapter. Not complete, but character development in progress.
  4. TCM - Finshed all the modules. Going through the 2-star test scenarios on Juice Shop. I'll try to make my way through the 3s maybe 4s.

What We Longed For

  1. As always ... need a job, paycheck, and benefits.

What We Loathed

  1. The whole interview process. It's just too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment