Friday, September 15, 2023

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday September 15, 2023 - Situation: Critical


Highlights for the week

Not a lot to draw on this week that went well. I did hit a few goals for the week, task-wise, but I'm no closer to landing a job than I was last week. There is some "hope" with the job I interviewed 3 weeks ago. The choice is between myself (a Jr.) and another person (a Sr.). The company offered an opportunity to bring on someone new and show them the skills. The experienced person presents the favorable prospect of bringing in someone that requires no training and can effectively start immediately, albeit at a higher salary.
Not gonna lie .. the wait has been absolute torture. I will be insolvent in the next 2 weeks. I have nothing coming in. No idea how I'm going to pay the rent or bills.
!!SUCCESS IS MY RESPONSIBILITY!!

What We Loved

  1. Not a lot to love this week. Stayed disciplined in my workout and education, but slipped in other places.

What We Learned

  1. Security+ - Wrapped up the module on "Public Key Infrastructure". Up next is the Operations & Incident Response section. Super-interesting.
  2. Automation - Closed the book on WebdriverIO videos. Going through a practice site now, starting with test plan write up using an updated template.
  3. TCM - no feedback on the Capstone, but at least that got done. Planning another Pentest.
  4. Cult.ure - Intersting turn of events so far. Need to get back into it and be more consistent. The story is shaping up nicely.

What We Longed For

  1. As always, a job, paycheck, and benefits. The hope for news (good or bad) is painful! I'd rather have a "no" now, than wait for a "yes" that might not come.

What We Loathed

  1. September 8th - I will commemorate this as the lowest of low-points in my personal life. NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO BE A DUMBASS AND FUCK UP AT WORK .. remember this date and the bs of no money, no job prospects, and having to get EBT to support your family Remember the empty fridge, empty bank account, cleaned out retirement and what- not

No comments:

Post a Comment