Friday, September 8, 2023

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday September 8, 2023 -- "Small Wins" Edition


Highlights for the week

Closing out the week on a mild high. While I wait for the Security role to manifest itself, I've had the chance to shoot my shots on a couple of roles. Nothing done yet, but for whatever reason, I'm not panicing .. yet! I will be insolvent by 9/15 so I need something now. That being said, a couple of small wins.

What We Loved

  1. I followed up on the job that I interviewed some two weeks ago. Per my mentor, the feed back was great. His words, "you were a frontrunner along with one other candidate who is fundamentally different from you" and that the business direction would determine who wins the race. Fingers crossed! But this does sound hopeful.
  2. I submitted my capstone (proof of mastery) to TTI for the Pen Test course. It was a complete labor of love as I thoroughly tested a demo site and reported on vulns.
  3. Acquired the SNAP card this week. Turns out whomever processed my application failed to mail out the card. Now I have an excess of $$ for two months.

What We Learned

  1. Security+ - Finished the module on "Authentication & Authorization." Working through the module on "Public Key Infrastructure" .. kinda long.
  2. Automation - Paused. I should probably resume with Webdriver next week, but tbh I'm way over QA. Still, I need a job and QA is the only thing I know.
  3. Cult.ure - Coming along great. A new chapter dealing with the kidnapping of a nosey journalist. Paul & Dulci get closer.

What We Longed For

  1. As always, longing for paycheck & benefits
  2. I need a Plan-B if the Security job doesn't pan out. But I can't accept anything less that success.

What We Loathed

  1. The entire job hunting process is the absolute worst. It's been a year and I never anticipated the harrowing ordeal of landing a new role.

No comments:

Post a Comment