Saturday, February 17, 2024

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday February 16, 2024 - "Valentine's Week Ed."

Highlights for the week

For all the lovie-dovie sentiment on Valentine's Day, I've never been good at being romantic. The few times I've tried, I've been burned. Sadly, I'm not that guy! I need to do better!

Lots of goals accomplished: published my first blog post, starting a new pen test, automation practice is solid, cleaned out the Mac finally (lots more to do), "Husb" book is coming along .. not going to publish it, but its fun.

What We Loved

  1. Tester Work: Some light (remote) work. Finished my first test assignment and won a deliberation on tickets
  2. Meeting with mentor was efficient and effective. I discussed the Pen Test check list. It was worth using
  3. Mentee on Linked In lost 2 job prospects, but has a few others waiting. Been making sure she doesn't slip into depression
  4. Loved being able to add a Windows 11 VM on my machine. I may be able to move forward with some other labs/side projects!

What We Learned

  1. Playwright (Autom.) - Used faker to interact with date picker; learned to drag/drop an element on the grid
  2. Coursera Security Basics - Learning a lot about Data Forensics. Tons of fun. Behind by a couple of days, but its been fun!
  3. Pen Testing - Starting a new project with Client "OpenCart". The site is buggy, and checkout flow is N/A, but it's all about the reps!
  4. Cult.ure - Paused; "Husb.." is nearing the final act

What We Longed For

  1. Job market is an absolute sh** show, with more people getting laid off then getting hired.

What We Loathed

  1. Unemployment - 17 months and counting

No comments:

Post a Comment