Sunday, June 30, 2024

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday June 28, 2024 - "The Waiting Game, pt 2" Ed.


Highlights for the week

1 week in the bag .. still waiting. No news is good news, I suppose! I hear the horror stories about people getting ghosted after final interviews and my anxiety level is through the roof. 22 long months now and this is the closest to the best situation I've come across. I keep hope alive, but the reality is after this week's round of bills, there's nothing left.

Big Oof! Pinged hiring mgr while he was on vacay, but I was never informed so ... We connected and he was ok with it.

Second Oof! angered the spouse by making a judgment call - lesson learned (don't leave the house w/o wallet & food card). Ffwd a few days and everything cooled down. Out of the dog house.

What We’re Grateful For

  1. Grateful for another week that I get to enjoy the comforts of food and shelter.
  2. Grateful that I'm physically able to make things happen and get things done!
  3. Can't express enough gratitude for having a wonderful family. I need to be a better son and brother.

What We Loved

  1. Loved getting done with the Burp Suite GraphQL module then finding a site that allows for extended practice.

What We Learned

  1. Burp Suite - Finished GraphQL labs. Def. Need more practice;
  2. Cybrary - Finished module 8 & moving through 9
  3. HackerRank gets an honorable mention as I learned about using textwrap to solve a problem (i got stuck and peeked at the answer, learned something new). https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/textwrap-text-wrapping-filling-python/
  4. "Husb .." tbd

What We Longed For

  1. As mentioned before, I'm longing to hear back from the job. At this point, I'm ready for the bad news. No news is good news, but no news is also nerve-wracking. At least rejection brings the matter to resolution.

What We Loathed

  1. Recruiter ghosting ... which I will declare as much after Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment