Saturday, August 17, 2024

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday August 16, 2024 - "Waiting & waiting & ... " Ed.


Highlights for the week

Follow up to my wonderful news from the week before, an offer letter that was promised would come my way is overdue by 5 days. Not mad, but definitely back down to earth as far as elation is concerned. I waited 15 years and 23 months for this life-changing opportunity. More on that as the news presents itself.

What We’re Grateful For

  1. Grateful for the news that I might be hired ... the opportunity is still a dream!
  2. Grateful for the U-test platform as it presented several amazing projects. More on the moderation below.
  3. Grateful for the opportunity to donate blood and help make a difference.

What We Loved

  1. Loved that the week went by with no more hostility between wife and I.
  2. Loved that Secure Ideas found me and considered me for employment.

What We Learned

  1. SQL - Nested queries. Super-behind the module due to more extenuating priorities.
  2. U-Test - took the brunt of my time as several projects came into my queue and kept me occupied for the better part of the week.
  3. Bug Bounties - paused!
  4. Automation Practice - paused!
  5. "Husb." - paused!

What We Longed For

  1. A paycheck, and more time.

What We Loathed

  1. U-test moderators were, without a doubt, the worst. The one TE never gave me the opportunity to contest issues. He simply discarded them w/o mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment