Saturday, August 5, 2023

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday August 4, 2023


Highlights for the week

Welp! It happened again. Got my hopes up on what I thought was going to be a sure-thing, and I got rejected. Coming up on 11 months of unemployment. I don't even know anymore. I find some influencer advice to be useless. "Reach out to your connections" - fail! "Post what you know" - no traction! "Make new connections" - fail! You link up with strangers then never hear from them again. I'm so tired of it all. I'm done with the process. Something has to give. Perhaps it's me being too low-vibrational, but how many times can you put out the energy of attraction and be met with rejection. How many times can you get kicked before you realize it's time to throw in the towel. IT PAYS TO BE A WINNER! And right now, I'm not winning.

What We Loved

  1. Hit my goal of creating an Android app and building out a series of tests for it.

What We Learned

  1. Android Automation - lots of great learnings
  2. Security+ - Back on program. Making my way through the module for Secure Network Designs. It's a bit of a slog!
  3. TCM - Need to resume "Juice Shop" Pen Test Walk-thru. Paused for Android automation learning.
  4. Cult*ure - wrote up a great chapter on "The Board" and their inner workings. Should fatten that up a little more.
  5. QA Book - Work in progress

What We Longed For

  1. A Job and paycheck. As stated, this is quite possibly the lowest point of my career.

What We Loathed

  1. Histrionics! This is in response to a thread where someone wanted to vent about something. Some of the responers (myself included) offered fix-it solutions. One such "gatekeeper" stated the OP wanted emotional support, not a solution. My reaction to that was peculiar. It made me angry to see someone getting so wrapped up in what clearly should be non-emotional situation. Furthermore, by detaching, the solution becomes self apparent. This is long way to say, "walk it off ... keep it moving!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment