Friday, August 11, 2023

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday August 11, 2023


Highlights for the week

Not so much a highlight, but I can unequivocally say August 2nd is the day I've officially hit my career low. The job I manifested in wanted fell through, and there has been no new opportunities on the horizon. Monday (Aug. 7) I found myself trying to be helpful and empathetic, only to fail. The clock is ticking and the days are mounting. If I don't land something in the next two weeks, I will be in big trouble.
And then on Tuesday, a couple of wonderful things happened: scheduled an interview with a job, and my mentor sat with me through a Pen Test. Also mentioned a job opportunity :)

What We Loved

  1. As always grateful for having a wonderful family.
  2. Update! Had the first interview with CEO for the role of Security Consultant. Been on such a high all week!

What We Learned

  1. Sec+ - still moving through Secure Network module
  2. Android Autom. - paused!
  3. WebdriverIO - started
  4. TCM - blocked - can't seem to kick off docker/juice shop. May spectate through the walk-thru || Update (8/9) Unblocked and moving nicely through Juice Shop
  5. Cult.ure - moving along. Chapter 16 is really good.

What We Longed For

  1. Job, paycheck/benefits, friends

What We Loathed

  1. Gatekeeping! Perhaps ITA, but man oh man! Trying to help and getting shunted put me in a rage. In my head I'm all, "How about you tell me what is helpful!" but that would come off toxic. Heaven forbid I should offend sensibilities. I took the high road and exited that channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment