Friday, August 18, 2023

Security Testing Journal Entry | w/e Friday August 18, 2023


Highlights for the week

What a crazy happy-sad week this has been. From losing a couple of job opportunities I was sure were solid, to making it to the 2nd round of a job and total career pivot in the direction of my dreams, is more than I can ask for. Been learning a lot about Pen Testing and have been fully emersed in the Security space. I have so much hope, even if I'm facing an empty bank account after September. Will follow up on the job thing in my next post.

What We Loved

  1. My Mentor referring me to the job. I don't have words for how excited I am for the opportunity.

What We Learned

  1. Security+ - Making my way through the Mobile Security Module
  2. TCM - been learning more on my own than following the video for "Juice Shop" ... so much fun!!
  3. Cult.ure - things are getting exciting. I need to hunker down and finish. Got an idea for another book.

What We Longed For

  1. As always, in desperate need of a job and have been longing for a paycheck and insurance.

What We Loathed

  1. Recruiters and their bias. That's all I'm going to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment